Now those of us over at Duggars Anonymous are notorious for our snark. Of course, we had to pick at the recipe for being too salty, having too much fat, and overall just not healthy. (Much like the Duggars favorite Tater Tot Casserole.)
Scott and I like TTC on occasion. Rare occasion. Once a year occasion. And then, I try to make it a little healthier by using low sodium, low fat products.
This week, I promised I would fix a healthier Chicken-etti on Tuesday. That’s my 2fer night. 19 Kids and Counting AND LOST! I just realized it’s a 3fer, add on Table for 12. Don’t talk to me, I’m watching teevee!
This is Anna Duggar's recipe from the Duggar Family Blog, a fan site:
Chicken Etti• 1 package spaghetti noodles
• 3 cups diced, cooked chicken
• 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1 pound cheese (Velveeta)
• 1 can diced tomatoes
• 1 can cream of chicken soup
Directions:1. Boil spaghetti noodles, and put them into a large bowl.
2. Add chicken, green pepper, and chicken broth.
3. In a smaller bowl, combine the cheese, diced tomatoes, and cream of chicken soup. Stir, and melt mixture in the microwave.
4. Pour the cheese mixture into the large bowl, and mix.
5. Pour the mixture into a casserole dish.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Nana’s Chicken-ettiPre-heat oven 400F
1 lb spaghetti noodles - I used whole grain
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
½ cup onion, diced small
2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
2 ribs celery, diced small
½ cup water
½ cup white wine
1 can stewed tomatoes - no salt added
½ cup shredded sharp Tillamook cheddar cheese
½ cup mozzarella
1 can Campbell’s Healthy Choice Cream of Chicken soup
- Cook the noodles per package directions, drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl I always cook the noodles two minutes less than the package directions when I am cooking them in a casserole.
- Cook the chicken with the onion, garlic, and celery until browned
- Add the water and white wine or use chicken broth or water
- Stir to deglaze the pan
- Add the chicken mixture, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and Cream of Chicken soup to the spaghetti
- Mix well
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan since my 9x13 pan was being used for something else, I used a large oven proof skillet
- Sprinkle with mozzarella
- Bake 400F 30 minutes
I served this with:
Orange Salad1/2 head lettuce, chopped
1 orange, cut in half and orange segments removed, leaving the segment skin
1/4 onion, chopped small
Toss and serve with Litehouse Toasted Sesame with Ginger dressing
Original, Jim Bob Favorite, Tater Tot Casserole from the Duggar Family website
DUGGAR's TATER TOT CASSEROLE2 lb ground turkey cooked, seasoned, drained
3 2lb bags tater tots
2 cans cream of mushroom
2 cans evaporated milk
2 cans cream of chicken
Brown meat & place in large cass. dish.
Cover with tater tots. Mix soup & milk together.
Pour over top. Bake at 350 for 1 Hour.
(One of Daddy’s Favorites!) Makes 2- 9”X13” pans
Nana’s Tater Tot CasserolePre-heat oven to 400F
1 lb. ground beef½ onion, chopped small
2 ribs celery, chopped small
2 cups white sauce scroll down the page for the recipe
1 cup shredded sharp Tillamook cheddar cheese
1 lb Tater Tots
- In a large oven proof skillet – Brown the meat, onion, and celery
- Drain well
- While the meat is draining make the white sauce in the skillet
- When the sauce is done, add back the meat mixture and mix well
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top
- And top with the Tater Tots.
- Bake 400F 45 minutes