Preheat oven to 400F
2 cups white sauce
1 tsp olive oil
½ onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, cleaned, trimmed, and sliced
2 cups ham, chopped
¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Grease a large casserole
- While preparing the white sauce and veggies, cover the sliced potatoes with water.
- Prepare the white sauce
- In a large non-stick skillet, preheat the oil until it shimmers, add the veggies DO NOT SALT
- Cook the veggies until they are nicely browned and flavorful
- Drain the potatoes
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients, except the cheese, then transfer to the casserole.
- Bake at 400F for 80 minutes
- Sprinkle the cheese over the casserole and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 – 20 minutes