I was so pampered those few days. The town car was as big as a Rose Festival float! The food at Morton’s was superb! There was a bouquet of candy and a chilled bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room. Some flowers too. Later, we sat in the spa tub in the room and watched ‘Mars Attacks!’ All in all, a great couple of days.
The dinner at Morton’s was memorable. We don’t drink much. So the wine list was lost on us. We did enjoy the couple at another table that made a fuss over the wine to have with appetizers, the right wine with dinner, and then wanted the perfect desert wine. We chuckled. The next day, at check-out, there was the same couple trying to navigate the lobby on their way out. We chuckled.
Tonight I am trying to recreate that sumptuous dinner. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
Potato Encrusted Salmon
1 piece salmon per person
1 freshly grated potato per person
3 pieces bacon, halved
½ lemon sliced
½ lemon, cut in wedges
- Heat up the Forman Grill until it is hot, HOT
- Open up and place bacon on the lower grill, covering the grill
- Place the sliced lemon on top of ½ the bacon
- Place salmon, skin side down on the lemon/bacon
- Place the freshly grated potato on top of the salmon
- Place the asparagus on the remaining bacon
- Close the lid and cook for 15 minutes
- Serve with the lemon wedges
Don’t use too many potatoes as they might not cook all the way through. Next time I think I will cook the potatoes on one side before adding them to the salmon.Overall, this is a dish I will try, try, again to refine. By the way, it smells divine while it is cooking.